BarTender Becomes First Labeling, Marking and Coding Solution to Offer a Cloud-Based Label Designer
November 8, 2023
BELLEVUE, WA — November 8, 2023 — Seagull Scientific is the global leader in software to design, print, mark and code labels, RFID tags, products, and packaging. Its BarTender® labeling software is the de facto standard for label production in the manufacturing, warehousing, transport & logistics, and retail industries.
BarTender Cloud™ allows users to print labels in the cloud. But until now, they had to design those labels using on-premise software.
As of today, the launch of BarTender Cloud Designer allows businesses to design as well as print their labels in the cloud. Users can access all of BarTender’s label design features from their browser without having to install any software. With a proven easy-to-use design interface and integrated wizard-driven tools, users can quickly create any label with no design experience or the need for additional training.
Harold Boe, CEO of Seagull Scientific says: “True design-and-print cloud labeling is finally here. As organizations undertake digital transformation initiatives and move their labeling to the cloud, being able to design labels without on-premise software was the last critical step. The launch of BarTender Cloud Designer is another step in our company’s commitment to providing user-friendly, cost-effective solutions for our customers. We took the BarTender Label Designer that everyone loves and optimized it for usage in the Cloud.”
Industry expert John Wirthlin, Principal Owner of Tip of the Spear Consulting LLC, says: “The BarTender Cloud Designer is a revolutionary and innovative cloud version of the label designer already used throughout the supply chain in all industries. BarTender Cloud with the new integrated BarTender Cloud Designer makes labeling even easier - users can create, manage and print their labels all from the cloud.”
Hans Lissens, a labeling expert with Zetes, a leader in European auto identification and capture solutions and a major BarTender reseller partner says: “My customers will receive five significant advantages from a 100% cloud-based labeling solution:
- Eliminate inefficiencies – they can create, manage, and print all their labels with a single seamless solution – no more creating labels on a desktop and uploading to the cloud for printing.
- Accelerate time-to-first print – with access to pre-defined label template libraries, including industry standard templates like GS1 and Walmart RFID, and modern cloud-based design tools with intuitive interfaces, they can quickly create and print labels with little or no training.
- Lower IT costs – a 100% cloud-based system means no client-based on-premise hardware or software required, eliminating associated purchase and support costs.
- Eliminate programming costs – with pre-built data connectors, no-code connectivity, and true REST API.
- High-performance printing and management – optimized printing to over 8,000 industrial, marking and coding printers along with defining permissions and roles, monitoring print and usage history, and ensuring regulatory compliance all from the cloud.”
Seagull Scientific Innovation
The BarTender Cloud Designer is another first in Seagull Scientific’s rapid series of recent technological innovations in cloud-based business system integration and label printing. This follows other innovations that put Seagull Scientific at the forefront of labeling technology, including:
- BarTender Print Connector for Dynamics 365 Business Central
- BarTender REST API (the only true REST API in a labeling solution)
- BarTender Mobile App
Accessing BarTender Cloud Designer and BarTender Cloud
The BarTender Cloud Designer is available with any BarTender Cloud account plan at no additional charge. Interested customers can sign-up for a BarTender Cloud demo here and purchase through an authorized BarTender Cloud certified reseller.
For more information about the BarTender Cloud Designer, click here.
Users can utilize BarTender's full range of label design capabilities directly in their web browser, eliminating the need for software installation.
About BarTender by Seagull Scientific
Every year, businesses of all sizes and industries, including the world’s largest and most dynamic supply chains, trust BarTender to create, manage and print, mark and code over 100 billion labels, barcodes, RFID tags, dates, and other identifiers to keep their products moving, traceable and safe. With corporate headquarters and software development in Bellevue, Washington, USA, and branch offices in Madrid, Taipei and Tokyo, BarTender is available in more than 175 countries through a global network of local partners.
Learn more at Seagull Scientific.