Modern slavery is a violation of fundamental human rights so serious that it requires vigilance on the part of everyone and every organization to combat it. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labor and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person's liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain. This is antithetical to Seagull's values and we are committed to ensuring that we do not engage or benefit from such practices in our supply chains.
Seagull Scientific, LLC is a global company that manufactures, markets, sells, and supports software products to cut cost, improve, quality, and reduce downtime by allowing companies to automate the creation of labels, barcodes and more. We employ hundreds of employees worldwide and have offices in North America, South America, Japan, Asia, and Europe. To learn more about our business, visit www.seagullscientific.com
Supplier Adherence to our values
We work with a range of suppliers which support our business worldwide. These include technical, marketing, accounting, facilities, employee benefits and IT service providers. Due to the nature of our business, we do not consider that we operate in a high-risk sector and have no concerns about our existing vendors.
Due diligence processes for slavery and human trafficking
While we believe our risk is very low, as part of our measures to identify and mitigate risk we have in place systems to:
- Ensure our internal employment practices adhere to employment laws and regulation
- Monitor new activities to provide risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Protect whistle blowers.
We intend to take the following further steps to combat slavery and human trafficking:
- Ensure that all employees and executives have received training on understanding and recognizing modern slavery and human trafficking.
- Request statements regarding modern slavery and human trafficking from our vendors at time of contract renewal.
- We will establish and internally publish KPIs to ensure we are meeting the goals stated in this document in an ongoing manner.
- We will publish this document annually and update it as appropriate, within three months of the end of each financial year.
Approval and timing
This slavery and human trafficking statement is unanimously approved by the board of directors for Seagull Scientific, LLC and by Harold Boe, its President & CEO, January 13, 2022, for the financial year ending 12/31/2021.